Saturday 11 December 2010

Being ill sucks!

Friday morning I woke up with a sore throat and then through the day I kept having chills and sudden waves of goosebumps. By 3rd period at school I was shattered and looking ghostly pale according to friends (that's two steps below my normally ivory complexion so I knew something was up) and we had a drama rehearsal where I had coughing fits throughout and I felt so wiped out by the end of it. Luckily with no lessons last I could met my mum down the local high street and help her with some errands before going home.

I knew I was ill because I went straight upstairs to change into trackies and a hoodie and brought down a huge blanket and watched tv. I managed dinner (just) and went to my room after The Simpsons. I then fell asleep between 7-7:30pm, which is nothing like me on a friday night. I then awoke at 12am with a burning forehead and feeling like I was in a ice plunge pool - not good. This went on til 1:30am before I slept again.

Today has been an improvement though. I woke at 12pm and have just chilled downstairs watching Come Dine with Me all day wrapped in a blanket, not eating anything and just drinking water with the occasional Diet Coke. My dad was in the kitchen and came into the living room with a logan berry which had been steeped in vodka, handed it to me and said 'That will definitely clear your cold if anything'. Strong stuff, but I think it might've worked. I went to bed at 10pm and I'm still awake now feeling almost normal again. Though I'm terrified of falling asleep in case I get worse again.

The highlights of my day? Having a conversation with a gorgeous guy on Twitter, Cher Lloyd was voted off the X Factor and right now I'm listening to Michael Buble  - perfect end to a day I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment