Thursday 2 December 2010

On the first day of Christmas...

Well it's December. Christmas is on it's way people!

It officially began for me last saturday when the town's Christmas lights were switched on. Usually I haed down the main street with the bestie and we see what various things are on offer and that. This year she was working and was then going to her boyfriends 18th (nice to have an invite!). So I went down about half an hour with her sister who I get on with just as well.

We mocked many things, I like to think we were putting on a churlish teenager front for the audience, something I like to do from time to time :D

So yes, lights went on with a hitch - one strand at a time, epic fail really - we hung around for another half hour and we went back to her house for pizza and watch 'On the Town' - I love Gene Kelly - and eventually I went home having had a great night.

But back to Christmas - tree and decorations are going up on friday and I do the present buying on saturday. Dreading it because I generally hate shopping for other people which I know is really selfish but I won't deny it.
Lucky I know what some people want, others are being dicks and leaving me to guess which is what I really hate about Christmas shopping. Grrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment