Saturday 14 August 2010

Blog Names Explained

So here's how I picked my name on Blogger:

I have an obsession with the country Turkey after two holidays there now. I'm learning the language which is what my name is in. 'Bebek Kedi' is Turkish for 'Baby Cat'. You may be asking 'Why not just have kitten in Turkish?' The reason for it not being that it is a joke on what all English girls are known as in Turkey by the men, 'Baby'. It's easier to remember than their actual name seeing as there are different girls to flirt/shag every week. Bit of a joke really, but I like the translation of baby into Turkish.
The Cat bit is very simple: according to the majority of my friends I resemble a cat. This was hated at first because I'm not much of a cat person. However, I've come around to it as it's worked in my favour of making them look more cat like with make up, which coincidentally pulls in more looks from guys.

Obviously Baby Cat doesn't sound too amazing in English, so it made sense to translate it into Turkish. It resulted with 'Bebek Kedi' which sounds waay more interesting to me.

Here's how I picked the blog name:

I have a long list of my favourite things which most of them begin with 'S'. I'll post the list at a later date. Blog names aren't really that easy to pick unless your blog has a specific thing to blog about, like football or fashion. So to find something about a teenage girls ramblings and unimportant thoughts was a bit more difficult.
Having just come back from holiday, I realised that there were three things which pretty much summed up my two weeks (as well as other things): Sun, Sea and Shots. Alliteration in a blog name is easier to remember too, thinking about it. I also realised that these three things are what I aspire to have in my life everyday in the future, so it made perfect sense.

And that guys and girls is how I came to pick my two names. Not exciting I know, but at least that's one thing cleared up!

Bebek Kedi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment