Monday 23 August 2010

The Results

So I got my results:

Drama - C
English Lit. - D
Psychology - U

I was pretty pleased with my first two, would've liked better in Drama, but it's a good pass so I won't complain too much. English I was just grateful to get that after the fail of a resit where I just sat there and wrote near enough sweet frig all.

Psychology was a different matter though. I'd already resat one paper then had to do another within a week. I'd felt confident while answering the questions and came out of both exams feeling like I'd done good. Apparantly not.
Luckily I'm still in 6th Form and still doing all three subjects. The compromise on Psychology is I resit the paper I did worst one which means having to teach myself by January to boost my overall grade.

A picnic followed with some of the girls to look back on our results, talk about the people who did shockingly bad or good. It turned into a better day because of this, as bad as this sounds, I felt good about being able to stay in 6th Form at least. Some people now have to look at their other options.

In fact I stayed up pretty late trying to cheer one friend up who unexpectedly got three Us. He wants to be a teacher and spent most of Thursday night worrying about having to do the year again with a bunch of retards and how it would affect his chances of getting into Uni to become a teacher. I sat there and tried to look at positives and help him realise that when he becomes a teacher it wouldn't matter about how he got there. Also, he slagged off the school, saying how shit it is and how it the school can go fuck itself. Well, it can't be that shit if some people have passed their AS Levels. To be honest, it was like talking to a brick wall so I eventually thought 'Fuck it, I'm off to bed' and did so.

No comments:

Post a Comment